Ticket #12861 (closed Bugs: fixed)
Segmentation fault when creating R-tree with packing algorithm with gcc4.8.2
|Reported by:||michael.moessner@…||Owned by:||awulkiew|
When creating an rtree with packing algorithm I get a segmentation fault. This error is extremly rare and only appears with 4.8.2 (no older compiler tested) and not on all computers.
Boost versions tested: 1.61.0, 1.63.0 Tested compiler where error occurs: gcc-4.8.2
Tested compiler where error doesn't occur: gcc-4.9.3
Compiler options tested (always fails for gcc-4.8.2): "-std=c++11 -O0 -ggdb" "-std=c++11 -O3"
- Do not use packing, but insert elements (works)
- Use quadratic/linear instead of rstar (fails always)
- Use higher numbers for MaxElements? (works for the given example but can also fail if the rtree elements are changed, especially if the element number increases)
- Instead of using std::pair as rtree-elements I tried std::tuple and boost::tuple. The error occurs for all elements.
Additional notes: This error occured for me first when I used rstar with MaxElements? = 16 where the element number was about 2 Mio. In this case the error is extremly sensible: e.g. Using one element more or less makes the error disappear. Also changing an element can make the error disappear. By changing the parameters I was able to reduce the problem size. For the given case the minimum number of elements I can use without error is 30684. For higher number the error occurs. However, using a complete other set of elements the error can appear at completely different element numbers.
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to fixed
- Milestone changed from To Be Determined to Boost 1.64.0