Ticket #3397 (closed Feature Requests: duplicate)
provide overloads for operator* for matrix/vector multiplies
|Reported by:||guwi17||Owned by:||david.bellot|
|Milestone:||To Be Determined||Component:||uBLAS|
|Version:||Boost 1.40.0||Severity:||Not Applicable|
Since many people a familiar with using operator* we should add the corresponding overloads to uBLAS. A good reference is the syntax used by MATLAB. The final syntax should be
matrix<double> A; vector<double> x; vector<double> y; cout << 2.0 * y << endl; cout << y * 2 << endl; cout << A * 2 << endl; cout << 2 * A << endl; cout << A * y << endl; cout << trans(y) * A << endl; cout << A * A << endl;
Similar to trans() we should provide herm() for complex matrices.
the syntax for inner and outer products could be
vector<double> x,a,b; x = trans(a) * b; // inner prod x = a * trans(b); // outer prod
the syntax for products with higher precision should be
prec(A*b); prec(trans(a) * b);
a *= operator should also be provided
b *= A; A *= B;
which could be mapped to the correspondy axpy_prod() call.
- find a solution for the product of three matrices which is currently only possible by stating an explicit temporary matrix.
- Owner changed from guwi17 to david.bellot
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Status changed from assigned to closed
- Resolution set to duplicate