Ticket #3926 (assigned Patches)
thread_specific_ptr + dlopen library causes a SIGSEGV.
|Reported by:||pluto@…||Owned by:||viboes|
|Milestone:||To Be Determined||Component:||thread|
i've discovered that using thread_specific_ptr in shared library dlopened from thread causes a gpf.
please consider following scenario:
dlopen a shared library with thread_specific_ptr
dlclose the library
terminate the thread
observe the gpf
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault. 0x00007ffff62b7400 in ?? () (gdb) bt #0 0x00007ffff62b7400 in ?? () #1 0x00007ffff7221f79 in __nptl_deallocate_tsd () at pthread_create.c:154 #2 0x00007ffff722291b in start_thread (arg=<value optimized out>) at pthread_create.c:304 #3 0x00007ffff6f9293d in clone () at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/clone.S:112 #4 0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
afaics the pthread (user provided) destructor keyed to pthread specific data is called on dlunloaded code.
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution wontfix deleted
- Owner changed from anthonyw to viboes
- Status changed from reopened to new
- Type changed from Bugs to Patches
- Milestone changed from Boost 1.43.0 to To Be Determined