Ticket #5735 (closed Feature Requests: fixed)
proto should force functions to be inline
|Reported by:||mgaunard||Owned by:||eric_niebler|
|Milestone:||To Be Determined||Component:||proto|
Some functions in Boost.Proto should really always be inlined; unfortunately, they don't always properly get inlined, sometimes due to compiler bugs (I can think of problems with a certain GCC version on 64-bit for example).
I suggest that Proto does what it can to force those functions to be inline (using attribute((always_inline)) on GCC and forceinline with MSVC). This will also have the effect of yielding warnings when a function can't be inlined, and at least with GCC, functions will be inlined even in debug mode.
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Version changed from Boost 1.47.0 to Boost 1.49.0
- Resolution invalid deleted