Ticket #5823 (closed Bugs: fixed)
nextafter doesn't work correctly with non-finite values -- even in C99/TR1 mode
|Reported by:||mgaunard||Owned by:||johnmaddock|
|Milestone:||To Be Determined||Component:||math|
boost::math::tr1::nextafter(inf, 0) should yield the maximum value, yet it yields nan instead.
I think it would be a good idea to make it work like this directly boost::math::nextafter.
Attached is a testcase that demonstrates the problem (requires a C99 standard library for comparison).
- Summary changed from nextafter doesn't work with denormals -- even in C99/TR1 mode to nextafter doesn't work correctly with non-finite values -- even in C99/TR1 mode
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution wontfix deleted